Join Our Team
Whenever we have an opening we will place a position description on our site. However, feel free to mail, e-mail or fax your resume at any time to the following:
Kristie Lynch, VP Human Resources
Byron Bank, P.O. Box 901, Byron, IL 61010
Accounts Payable Specialist
- Review invoices and process Accounts Payable weekly
- Monitor contract expirations and renewals
- Perform annual review of vendors
- Supply Ordering
- Reconcile various correspondent bank accounts weekly
- Reconcile bank’s cash position four times per week
- Balance and monitor appraisal general ledger weekly
- Review designated block transactions
- Send monthly invoices to Title Company
- Make FHLB entries and reconcile to general ledger monthly
- Complete G/L entries for Shazam Bill monthly
- Assist with general ledger off-ages as needed
- Make G/L entries for credit cards daily
- Other duties, as assigned
- 5 years of Accounts Payable experience
- 5 years of Banking experience
- Ability to multi-task with a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Ability to work independently
- Detail oriented, organized, efficient
- High degree of confidentiality is required
- This is a full-time position with benefits. Must be able to work one Saturday per month 9a-Noon
Byron Bank is looking for just the right individual to perform all duties related to bank teller work. If you exude a positive, friendly personality, are a team player, and are willing to go above and beyond to service our customers, then this may be the position for you.
Duties include processing transactions via our bank teller computer systems: deposits, withdrawals, money orders, cashier's checks, transfers, gift cards, statements, loan payments, license sticker renewal, imaging, etc. The ability to interact with customers and to cross-sell our products and services is important in this role.
Qualifications: Proficient cash handling and balancing experience is necessary and previous banking experience is highly beneficial. Attention to details, accuracy, the ability to multi-task, computer experience, and strong customer service skills are needed to be successful in this position. The ability to refer various bank products to customers is important.
Applicants should be professional in mannerism and appearance and demonstrate a strong work ethic.
Hours vary and applicants must be available to work Saturdays from 8-noon or 9-noon, as scheduled.
This is a full-time position with benefits.
- Cash Handling: 1 year
- Bank Teller: 1 year (preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Byron Bank provides equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment and makes all employment decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, disability challenges, marital status, ancestry, status upon discharge from military service, order of protection status or other non-merit based factors (actual or perceived). These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and merit practices, appraisal systems, promotions and training, and career development programs.