Join Our Team
Whenever we have an opening we will place a position description on our site. However, feel free to mail, e-mail or fax your resume at any time to the following:
Kristie Lynch, VP Human Resources
Byron Bank, P.O. Box 901, Byron, IL 61010
MORTGAGE LOAN OFFICER
The Mortgage Loan Officer will be responsible for developing new residential loan business, complying with secondary market underwriting guidelines, as well as, Byron Bank in-house lending guidelines, and servicing and maintaining loan portfolio. This position represents the bank in the local community through active participation in community affairs and participates in marketing and cross-selling of all Byron Bank products and services.
- Prospects new mortgage lending opportunities.
- Develops and maintains successful relationships with business referral sources, existing and prospective.
- Meets with customers as necessary during various stages of the loan process to collect application data, financial documentation, etc.
- Ensures exceptional customer service by overseeing loan process from origination to close and providing on-going communication to customers, realtors and title companies.
- Keeps current and knowledgeable of any changes to: Freddie Mac, USDA, VA, FHA and IHDA loan products and grants.
- Provides excellent customer service in the mortgage and consumer loan departments regarding: basic loan questions, interest rates, tax reporting, realtor inquiries, on-line applications and documentation needed.
- Makes solid credit decisions on consumer loans that follow Byron Bank policy.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in lending.
- High School Diploma required; College Diploma preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Solid Time management skills and the ability to organize, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Professional and effective interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiasm and passion for assignments and the ability to meet established timelines.
- Computer skills that would include the ability to understand: MortgageBot, LaserPro, Windows and Outlook.
Byron Bank, Byron, IL, an area leader in mortgage lending, is seeking a qualified individual to join our team as an Underwriter.
The Underwriter reviews all loan documentation, loan parameters, compliance documents for investor quality, prevention of fraud and ensures credit quality is in place.
- Underwrite all secondary market residential mortgage loan files & first mortgage in-house loans & assuring that they meet all investor’s guidelines, as well as, compliance guidelines for state & federal requirements. Authority to approve or deny loan files as presented on guidelines assuring investor quality loans.
- Assist officers & staff in keeping current on changes with current investors, compliance & programs as well as any new programs or investors.
- Underwrite & compile loans which are underwritten by other investors such as USDA-Rural or IHDA loans.
- Communicate with investors as needed – FHLMC, IHDA, PMI, USDA, FHLBC
- Assure integrity of information submitted to loan prospector & GUS
- Perform all final reviews of files prior to closing, assuring the integrity of closing package & final loan prospector submission.
- Be available to officers & staff for underwriting questions.
- UW for Affordable Second Mortgage (D.P.P. & D.P.A.)
- Complete audits as requested from Investors (FHLMC, PMI, USDA)
- Review PMI “78% Automatic Drops” monthly & prepare amortization schedule
- Review 1-4 Family Appraisals
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in underwriting.
- High School Diploma is required, College Diploma preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly & effectively, both verbally & in writing.
- Solid time management skills & the ability to organize, prioritize, & perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Professional & effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet established timelines.
- Computer skills that would include: MortgageBot, Windows and Outlook.
MORTGAGE LOAN SERVICING SPECIALIST II
Byron Bank, Byron, IL, an area leader in mortgage lending, is seeking a qualified individual to join our team as a Mortgage Loan Servicing Specialist II.
- Deliver all Freddie Mac loans via the Selling Servicing System
- Monitor Freddie Mac contracts to assure all are delivered on time and contractual dollar amounts are accounted for
- Load all funded Freddie Mac loans on bank platform
- Process Freddie Mac mortgage payoffs through Access Manager & Loan Custodial Module (LCM)
- Submit accounting report of principal and interest activity to Freddie Mac – monthly
- Log and report to Freddie Mac all default, bankruptcy and foreclosure information via Electronic Default Report (EDR) – monthly
- Process HAMP/Modifications rate changes and adhere to Freddie Mac requirements for reporting said change(s)
- Process daily wires of payoff and monthly wire of principal and interest payments to Freddie Mac (via Global Payment System)
- Process NSF loan payments by reversal of payment and customer notification
- Balance assigned general ledger accounts on a daily and weekly basis
- Reconcile any non-posts to the loan accounting system on a daily basis
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Secondary market mortgages experience – 2 years
- Account reconciling experience – 2 years
- Must be able to balance monetary transactions and understand GL balancing of debit and credits
- Must be proficient in Microsoft’s EXCEL and Word.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and ability.
- Ability to work under pressure in order to meet deadlines in a constantly changing environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Byron Bank provides equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment and makes all employment decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, disability challenges, marital status, ancestry, status upon discharge from military service, order of protection status or other non-merit based factors (actual or perceived). These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and merit practices, appraisal systems, promotions and training, and career development programs.