Start Your Career with Byron Bank
Join Our Team
Whenever we have an opening we will place a position description on our site. However, feel free to mail, e-mail or fax your resume at any time to the following:
MORTGAGE SERVICING SPECIALIST (In-Office Position)
- Balance assigned general ledger accounts on a daily and weekly basis.
- Reconcile any non-posts to the loan accounting system on a daily basis.
- Freddie Mac account reconciliation.
- Monitor and maintain flood insurance for mortgage loans ensuring coverage compliance.
- Monitor and maintain forced placed hazard insurance for mortgage and commercial loans.
- Real Estate tax remittance and ongoing monitoring and maintenance ensuring all escrowed real estate taxes are paid when due throughout the year.
- Check for delinquent taxes for mortgage loans that do not escrow.
- Perform and oversee escrow analysis annually.
- Review and pay Hazard insurance.
- PMI monthly remittance to all companies and balance PMI deposit account.
- Document, report and finalize PMI cancellation(s) requests based on underwriter’s direction.
- Explain Tax and Insurance Account Disclosure Statement to members, which can include surplus, shortages and deficiencies. May produce short-term analysis, as needed.
- Disclose and establish new escrow accounts for mortgages, as needed.
- Process NSF loan payments by reversal of payment and customer notification.
- Check paid note statements, cancel auto payments, flood certificate notification, and change tax bill mailing address for outside payoffs.
- Monitor tickler list for mortgage items and complete needed follow-up.
- Send out escrow closing notice and shortage statement upon payoff or applicable.
- Perform block transactions, as necessary, for maintenance.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Skills and Abilities Required:
A person that performs with a high degree of accuracy, excels in detail checking, and achieves maximum time effectiveness.
- 5+ years of servicing experience in the mortgage industry.
- Experience in the following areas: secondary markets, investor reporting, tax service, flood service, and core loan systems.
- Proficient knowledge of federal regulations, state laws & GSE requirements.
- Experience in loan servicing operations, default management and loss mitigation procedures.
- Experience in account reconciling.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational and analytical skills.
MORTGAGE PRE & POST CLOSING PROCESSOR (In-Office Position)
- Back up to Mortgage Closer to include: preparation of mortgage closing packages to meet the expectations of Secondary Market Investors and Byron Bank in-house loans.
- Thoroughly review and process signed closing packages including collateral tracking, sending documents to be recorded to the title company, balancing loan tickets, sending out loan payoffs, reviewing insurance for correct mortgagee clause and loading the loan into system.
- Work with local title companies regarding final numbers for loan closings and timely delivery of closing packages.
- Complete Verbal Verifications of Employment prior to mortgage closings.
- New Contract ordering and contract cancellations on closed loans.
- Maintenance of Closed Loan Files.
- Maintenance review of HMDA after closing.
- HMDA reporting for all denied and withdrawn files.
- Track recorded mortgages and final loan policies in Mortgagebot. Follow up with title companies on recordings and policies.
- Assist with loan payoff request, VOM (verification of Mortgage) and mortgage payments.
- Process of payoff letter requests and loan payoffs from third parties.
- Customer service calls.
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Required: 1 year minimum of Mortgage Processing and/or Closing Experience.
- Required: 1 year minimum of Banking experience.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and ability.
- Ability to work under pressure in order to meet deadlines in a constantly changing environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Must be able to balance monetary transactions and understand GL balancing of debit and credits.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft EXCEL and Word.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Byron Bank provides equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment and makes all employment decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, disability challenges, marital status, ancestry, status upon discharge from military service, order of protection status or other non-merit based factors (actual or perceived). These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and merit practices, appraisal systems, promotions and training, and career development programs.