Join Our Team
Whenever we have an opening we will place a position description on our site. However, feel free to mail, e-mail or fax your resume at any time to the following:
MORTGAGE LOAN OFFICER
The Mortgage Loan Officer will be responsible for developing new residential loan business, complying with secondary market underwriting guidelines, as well as, Byron Bank in-house lending guidelines, and servicing and maintaining loan portfolio. This position represents the bank in the local community through active participation in community affairs and participates in marketing and cross-selling of all Byron Bank products and services.
- Prospects new mortgage lending opportunities.
- Develops and maintains successful relationships with business referral sources, existing and prospective.
- Meets with customers as necessary during various stages of the loan process to collect application data, financial documentation, etc.
- Ensures exceptional customer service by overseeing loan process from origination to close and providing on-going communication to customers, realtors and title companies.
- Keeps current and knowledgeable of any changes to: Freddie Mac, USDA, VA, FHA and IHDA loan products and grants.
- Provides excellent customer service in the mortgage and consumer loan departments regarding: basic loan questions, interest rates, tax reporting, realtor inquiries, on-line applications and documentation needed.
- Makes solid credit decisions on consumer loans that follow Byron Bank policy.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in lending.
- High School Diploma required; College Diploma preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Solid Time management skills and the ability to organize, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Professional and effective interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiasm and passion for assignments and the ability to meet established timelines.
- Computer skills that would include the ability to understand: MortgageBot, LaserPro, Windows and Outlook.
Byron Bank, Byron, IL, an area leader in mortgage lending, is seeking a qualified individual to join our team as an Underwriter.
The Underwriter reviews all loan documentation, loan parameters, compliance documents for investor quality, prevention of fraud and ensures credit quality is in place.
- Underwrite all secondary market residential mortgage loan files & first mortgage in-house loans & assuring that they meet all investor’s guidelines, as well as, compliance guidelines for state & federal requirements. Authority to approve or deny loan files as presented on guidelines assuring investor quality loans.
- Assist officers & staff in keeping current on changes with current investors, compliance & programs as well as any new programs or investors.
- Underwrite & compile loans which are underwritten by other investors such as USDA-Rural or IHDA loans.
- Communicate with investors as needed – FHLMC, IHDA, PMI, USDA, FHLBC
- Assure integrity of information submitted to loan prospector & GUS
- Perform all final reviews of files prior to closing, assuring the integrity of closing package & final loan prospector submission.
- Be available to officers & staff for underwriting questions.
- UW for Affordable Second Mortgage (D.P.P. & D.P.A.)
- Complete audits as requested from Investors (FHLMC, PMI, USDA)
- Review PMI “78% Automatic Drops” monthly & prepare amortization schedule
- Review 1-4 Family Appraisals
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in underwriting.
- High School Diploma is required, College Diploma preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly & effectively, both verbally & in writing.
- Solid time management skills & the ability to organize, prioritize, & perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Professional & effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet established timelines.
- Computer skills that would include: MortgageBot, Windows and Outlook.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
Byron Bank has an immediate opening for an experienced Customer Service Representative for our main bank location in Byron, IL. The ideal candidate will have proven retail banking experience in a community bank setting. This individual must possess the highest level of customer service, be able to recommend our products and services, and build strong customer relations.
- Provide top-notch, quality service to our customers cultivating lasting relationships.
- Be well-versed and knowledgeable of all types of bank products and services.
- Open/close all types of personal and business accounts including IRA’s, CD’s, Trusts, HSA, Safe Deposit Boxes, Debit Cards, and other specialty accounts, etc.
- Cross sell and refer bank products and services to existing customers.
- Place check holds, stop payments, as required.
- Familiarity and ability to guide and assist customers with online banking, mobile banking, and other services offered by the bank whether in person or on the phone.
- Follow all bank policy and federal bank regulations.
- Ensure the utmost in confidentiality and privacy of critical customer information.
- Willing to back-up CSR’s at other locations.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
- Customer Service Representative /Universal Banker - 3 years
- Bank Teller experience - 1-2 years
- Associate Degree (desired)
- Professional, customer focused, team player
- Results driven with attention to detail, accuracy and excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to work Saturdays, as scheduled
Kristie Lynch, Human Resources Officer
Byron Bank, P.O. Box 901, Byron, IL 61010
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Byron Bank provides equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment and makes all employment decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, disability challenges, marital status, ancestry, status upon discharge from military service, order of protection status or other non-merit based factors (actual or perceived). These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and merit practices, appraisal systems, promotions and training, and career development programs.